- Recreational Staff Job Opportunities
The Town of Grenfell is looking for up to seven qualified, energetic and motivated Recreational Workers for the 2018 Grenfell Recreational Park Season. Positions are open for a Day Camp Leader and Assistants; and Mini-store Workers.
Minimum Skills, Experience & Qualifications for All Positions:
• Ability to effectively communicate with the public.
• A current Standard First Aid certificate, CPR C/AED is an asset.
• HIGH FIVE training an asset.
• WHIMIS training an asset.
• Must be familiar with working in a computerized environment utilizing Microsoft Office, and a willingness to be trained in BookingBug, Square, or other programs used by the employer.
• Clean Criminal record including vulnerable sector, for those applicants of age.
Must be at least 14 years old & obtain a Certificate of Completion from the Young Workers Readiness Certificate Course (YWRCC) if 15 years old and under.
Additional Skills, Experience, Qualifications & Information:
• Reporting directly to the Town of Grenfell’s Director of Recreation & Culture.
Unique Position Requirements for All Positions
• Seasonal employment during June, July and August 2018 (pending on position)
• Working conditions are mainly outdoors in late spring and summer weather conditions.
• Staff shall work flexible hours of work which may include evenings, weekends, and Statutory Holidays, and may exceed eight (8) hours per day or forty (40) hours per calendar week but shall not exceed the total number of working hours in any given month based on eight (8) hours per day without receiving overtime.
• Shifts may start as early as 6:00am and the last shift ending as late as midnight, scheduled a minimum of two weeks in advance and will revolve around school schedules.
• Incumbent will become a member of the CUPE bargaining unit after 30 days of employment and will have the option to enrol in the MEPP pension plan.
• May be required to assist with daily bank deposits.
Requirements for Applications
Qualified applicants can send a resume including references and a copy of certificates to Town of Grenfell, Director of Recreation & Culture, Danean Karlunchuck at email@example.com or by mail to Town of Grenfell, ATTN: Director of Recreation & Culture, 800 Desmond St., PO Box 1120, Grenfell, SK, S0G 2B0. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
If you require further information call Danean at 306-697-2894.
Detailed job descriptions are available below or by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: May 25, 2018 at 11:59pm.
- 2018 Recreational Park Staff Job Description
- 2018 Day Camp Leader Job Description
- 2018 Day Camp Assistant Job Description
- Superintendent of Public Works (Open Until Filled)
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity and an improvement in your quality of life, the Town of Grenfell offers you a safe, active and growing community that is close to the City of Regina but far away from the hustle and bustle. Grenfell is a south east Saskatchewan community of approximately 1400 people (Sask Health Covered Population).The Town is seeking the services of a qualified, professional, career-minded leader to fill the role of Superintendent of Public Works as a permanent full-time, out-of-scope (non-unionized) employee.Reporting to the CAO, you will be responsible for the planning, organization, direction, and general management of the Public Works Department including all assets, facilities, and the oversight of external engineering and applicable service contracts. Responsible for the Department’s overall success, you will lead a small team of dedicated employees to accomplish your departmental objectives and goals within provincial legislation and guidelines established by Town Council.You are a results-oriented self-starter with excellent knowledge of municipal infrastructure and public works operations and equipment. Maintaining a positive outlook and making sound decisions in a complex environment are essential parts of your managing skills. You possess a Class 2 Certification in Water Treatment, Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection. A Class 2 Certificate in Wastewater Treatment and Arena Operator Level 2 Certificate is an asset. At least two years’ experience in a supervisory or management role is essential; municipal experience is preferred. Essentially a manger with knowledge of budgeting, planning, project management and creating a safe work environment, you are ready to take on a key role with a community committed to excellent customer service.If you meet the minimum skills and qualifications, salary range for the position is $68,000 – $80,000/annum, to commensurate with experience. The Town offers a competitive benefits plan.Don’t miss out on this opportunity! In confidence, qualified candidates are encouraged to electronically submit their resume, a covering letter, three work related references, and salary expectations to the following address:
RE: Superintendent of Public Works
Inquires may be made to:
Victoria MacDonald, CAO
Town of Grenfell, SK
A Superintendent of Public Works job description is available upon request and only those candidates selected to be interviewed will be contacted.
For other employment opportunities in and around Grenfell, you may wish to visit the following external link: