Recreational Staff Job Opportunities
The Town of Grenfell is looking for up to seven qualified, energetic and motivated Recreational Workers for the 2018 Grenfell Recreational Park Season. Positions are open for a Day Camp Leader and Assistants; and Mini-store Workers.
Minimum Skills, Experience & Qualifications for All Positions:
• Ability to effectively communicate with the public.
• A current Standard First Aid certificate, CPR C/AED is an asset.
• HIGH FIVE training an asset.
• WHIMIS training an asset.
• Must be familiar with working in a computerized environment utilizing Microsoft Office, and a willingness to be trained in BookingBug, Square, or other programs used by the employer.
• Clean Criminal record including vulnerable sector, for those applicants of age.
Must be at least 14 years old & obtain a Certificate of Completion from the Young Workers Readiness Certificate Course (YWRCC) if 15 years old and under.
Additional Skills, Experience, Qualifications & Information:
• Reporting directly to the Town of Grenfell’s Director of Recreation & Culture.
Unique Position Requirements for All Positions
• Seasonal employment during June, July and August 2018 (pending on position)
• Working conditions are mainly outdoors in late spring and summer weather conditions.
• Staff shall work flexible hours of work which may include evenings, weekends, and Statutory Holidays, and may exceed eight (8) hours per day or forty (40) hours per calendar week but shall not exceed the total number of working hours in any given month based on eight (8) hours per day without receiving overtime.
• Shifts may start as early as 6:00am and the last shift ending as late as midnight, scheduled a minimum of two weeks in advance and will revolve around school schedules.
• Incumbent will become a member of the CUPE bargaining unit after 30 days of employment and will have the option to enrol in the MEPP pension plan.
• May be required to assist with daily bank deposits.
Requirements for Applications
Qualified applicants can send a resume including references and a copy of certificates to Town of Grenfell, Director of Recreation & Culture, Danean Karlunchuck at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Town of Grenfell, ATTN: Director of Recreation & Culture, 800 Desmond St., PO Box 1120, Grenfell, SK, S0G 2B0. Only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
If you require further information call Danean at 306-697-2894.
Detailed job descriptions are available by emailing a request to email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: May 25, 2018 at 11:59pm.