The Call for Nominations has been issued for the election to be held on October 26, 2016 and has been mailed to Grenfell Residents. Nominations will be accepted until September 21st, 2016 at the Town Office. Nomination Forms are available at the Town office and on the Website.
On Thursday, August 18th the Regina Qu’Appelle Health Region (RQHR) held a meeting in Grenfell with the family members of some of the residents of the Grenfell Pioneer Home (GPH). They were informed that as a result of a risk-based assessment of the facility, it had been decided to move eight residents of the Pioneer Home to other facilities because of significant deterioration of GPH’s North East Wing.
Town officials were not informed of the meeting, either by RQHR officials or its board of directors, until 11:30 on the morning of August 18th, so I immediately contacted our MLA, Steven Bonk. Mr. Bonk had also been informed of the meeting that morning, and when I contacted him, he had just concluded a meeting with the (then) Minister of Health, Dustin Duncan. Mr. Bonk and I have been monitoring the situation and working to find solutions to the situation.
As of this moment, the following results have been realized:
- Residents to be moved will include those who are not originally from
- Those to be moved will likely be relocated at Broadview Centennial Lodge and Wolseley Lakeside Home.
- RQHR is committed to keeping residents and their families as close together as possible.
- No staff layoffs are contemplated at this time.
- Operational changes, repairs and safety enhancements are being implemented at the GPH.
- Mr. Bonk’s contacts with RQHR and Health Ministry officials confirm that Grenfell Pioneer Home remains a top priority for replacement.
- It has just come to my attention that eight residents of the GPH have voluntarily chosen to be relocated, so no one will be forced to move.
Rest assured that the Acting Mayor and Council, along with our MLA, are continuing to monitor the situation.
As new developments arise we will keep you informed.
If you need more information Council has appointed me as the primary point of contact for the Town of Grenfell in this matter. I may be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact the Town Office at 3036-697-2815.
Acting Mayor Rod Wolfe
To download a copy of the PRESS RELEASE, CLICK HERE.
The Town of Grenfell is proud to support promotion of this awesome event taking place in just a few days! LIKE the @Cowessess Wild West Rodeo page on Facebook and share this post to be entered to win two VIP Passes for the weekend!