The Town of Grenfell Lions' Field is one of the best in the region, with significant investment and improvement elevating the quality of the diamonds in recent years.
Home to the Grenfell Gems and Grenfell Minor Ball, the diamonds are a hub of activity spring through fall. The Minor Ball program has grown exponentially, offering approximately 80 young athletes the opportunity to play ball, develop skills, and enhance their sportsmanship each season.
The following improvements have recently been made to the diamonds, courtesy monetary donations and investment of time by the Gems, Grenfell Minor Ball, the Grenfell & District Lions Club and contributions by local businesses:
- Installation of protective padding around the outfield fence
- Completion of infield renovation with installation of a sprinkler system ($25,000 donated by the Grenfell & District Lions Club)
- Painting and repair of the dugout and construction of a new storage shed
- Installation of an electronic scoreboard
- Approximately $10,000 of equipment upgrades made by both the Gems and Minor Ball